5 MW Tadi Khola Hydropower Project Connected To National Grid

March 6, 2022 | Investopaper

The 5 MW Tadi Khola Hydropower Project, constructed in Tadi Khola in Nuwakot, has been connected to the national transmission line. Buddhabhumi Nepal Hydropower is the promoter company of the project.

The electricity generated from the project has been connected to the national grid since Friday. The project has been completed the internal test of all phases. After about two weeks the project will generate commercial electricity.

The project started the construction work in 2074 BS. It had estimated to generate electricity by 2076 BS. However, the electricity generation from the project was delayed due to the delay in the construction of the substation by NEA and the lockdown imposed due to the global Corona epidemic.

Previously, the estimated cost of the project was Rs 1.19 billion. However, due to the delay in electricity generation, the company has stated the cost of the project has increased. Siddhartha Bank (leader bank), Machhapuchhre Bank , Bank of Kathmandu and NCC Bank have invested 70 percent in the project. The remaining 30 percent is financed through equity.

The electricity of the project is connected to Samundratar substation of Nepal Electricity Authority at a distance of 2 km. The transmission line up to the substation has been constructed by the company itself.

More From Investopaper:

List Of Hydro-power Projects Under Construction in Nepal

List Of Hydropower Projects In Nepal (Developed By Private Sector)


Investopaper is a financial website which provides news, articles, data, and reports related to business, finance and economics.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

error: Content is protected !!