Banks to Invest Rs 3.41 Arba in Two Hydropower Projects in Taplejung

December 16, 2021 | Investopaper

Two banks, including NMB Bank and Rastriya Banijya Bank, have agreed to invest Rs 3.41 Arba in two hydropower projects under construction in Kabeli Khola of Taplejung district. The banks will invest in the 13.5 MW Super Kabeli Khola ‘A’ Hydropower Project and the 12 MW Super Kabeli Khola Cascade Project. Banks and promoter companies have signed an agreement on financial management during a program held in Kathmandu.

NMB Bank and Rastriya Banijya Bank will provide loan financing of Rs 1 Arba and Rs 81 crores respectively in Super Kabeli ‘A’ Hydropower Project. This is 75 percent of the total cost of the project which is estimated to be Rs 2.43 Arba. The remaining 25 percent will be financed through equity. Snow River Power Pvt. Limited is constructing the project. The company aims to generate 80.85-gigawatt hours of electricity annually from the project by completing the construction within 2080 BS.

Similarly, the Banks have agreed to invest Rs 1.60 Arba in the 12 MW Super Kabeli Cascade Project to be constructed by Hilton Hydropower Company. This is 75 percent of the total estimated cost of the project and the remaining 25 percent will be injected through equity. The project aims to complete the construction and generate electricity by 2080 BS.  This is the cascade project of the Super Kabeli ‘A’ Project. The water falling from the tailrace of the Super Kabeli ‘A’ Project will be conveyed to the headrace tunnel through a 352-meter long headrace pipe. There will be a 1.91 km long tunnel and a 290 m long penstock pipe. The project will generate an average of 71.93-gigawatt hours of electricity annually.

Electricity generated from both the projects will be connected to Nepal Electricity Authority’s Amarpur substation. The necessary transmission line to the substation will be constructed by the company themselves.


List Of Hydro-power Projects Under Construction in Nepal

List Of Hydropower Projects In Nepal (Developed By Private Sector)


Investopaper is a financial website which provides news, articles, data, and reports related to business, finance and economics.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

error: Content is protected !!