Chandra Prasad Dhakal Elected Senior Vice-president Of FNCCI

November 29, 2020 | Investopaper

Chandra Prasad Dhakal has been elected as the senior vice president of the Federation of Nepalese Chambers of Commerce and Industry. He was elected from the 54th annual general meeting of the federation held on Saturday. Dhakal’s rival was Kishore Kumar Pradhan.

Dhakal received 522 percent votes in the Associate, while his rival Pradhan received 375 votes. This has a weightage of 30 percent votes overall. Similarly, in the commodity group, Dhakal secured 59 percent votes and his rival Pradhan secured 39 percent votes. This has a weightage of 20 percent of the total votes. Likewise, in the district-municipal group that has a weightage of 50 percent of the total votes, Dhakal received 52 votes, while Pradhan got 53 votes.

In total, Chandra Prasad Dhakal received 54.26 percent of the votes. On the other hand, Pradhan got 45.74 percent of the overall votes. With the win, Dhakal has become the senior vice president of FNCCI and will become its 20th president as per the provision. The meeting has appointed Shekhar Golchha as the president of the FNCCI , by succeeding Bhawani Rana.

Dhakal had created a business empire through the country’s first remittance company IME. Dhakal, who is also the chairman of IME Group, has more than a dozen businesses including Global IME Bank, IME General Insurance, IME Life Hathaway Investment, IME Cooperative, Chandragiri Hills, IME Automotives, Himalayan Power Partners, Mountain Energy and Shankar Oxygen.

Dhakal is also a member of the Board of Directors of Nepal Infrastructure Bank Limited and a member of the Board of Directors of the Social Security Fund under the Ministry of Labor, Employment and Social Security.

The Government of Nepal has honored Dhakal with Gorkha Dakshin Bahu IV and Prabal Janasewashri IV. 


Investopaper is a financial website which provides news, articles, data, and reports related to business, finance and economics.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

error: Content is protected !!