Spark Hydroelectric Company Receives Construction License For 128 MW Tamor-Mewa Hyroelectric Project

October 20, 2020 | Investopaper

Department of Electricity Development (DOED) has provided the construction license for Tamor-Mewa Hydroelectric Project. The department issued the license on Ashwin 25, 2077 BS. The construction license is valid until Ashwin 24, 2112 BS.

Spark Hydroelectric Company Limited is developing the Tamor-Mewa Hydroelectric Project (TMHEP) in Taplejung district in eastern Nepal. The proposed Tamor-Mewa Hydroelectric Project is located along the left bank of Mewa Khola and Tamor River. The project area lies in Taplejung Municipality (previous Phungling VDC), Meringden, Mikwakhola and Athrai Tribeni Rural Municipalities (Previous Khokling, Khamlung, Santhakra, Chage, Hangpang and Phulbari VDCs) of Taplejung District.

The construction period of the Project has been taken to be 5 years. The total financial cost of the project (as of June 2018 AD) is estimated to be NRs. 26.12 Arba. The cost per MW is Rs 20.41 crores.

The Project shall be financed through the debt and equity ratio of 75:25. Under the leadership of Kumari Bank, the BFIs will invest 75 percent of the cost in long term loans. The company will raise the remaining 25 percent through the equity. As this company is a public company, it will issue 20 percent share to the general public and 10 percent share to the project affected people. The promoter company will inject the remaining 70 percent equity.

The estimated annual income of this project is around Rs. 4 billion. The construction of this project is targeted to start from 2021 i.e. at the end of 2077 BS. The estimation completion time is 2026 AD (2083 BS). The construction period of this project will be 5 years.For the construction of this project, 7 kilometers of tunnel road has to be constructed.

Suggested Readings:

List Of Hydropower Projects In Nepal (Developed By Private Sector)

List Of Hydro-power Projects With Construction License

Investopaper

Investopaper is a financial website which provides news, articles, data, and reports related to business, finance and economics.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!