Upper Hewa Khola Hydropower Project (8.5 MW) Starts Commercial Electricity Generation

March 18, 2022 | Investopaper

The 8.5 MW Upper Hewa Khola Hydropower Project has started commercial production. The project is developed by Upper Hewa Khola Hydro Power Company Limited. 

The electricity generated from the project in Sankhuwasabha is connected to the Baneshwor substation of the Koshi Corridor transmission line. The required 10.4 km long transmission line from the power house to the substation has been completed by the promoter company.

The project will generate 46.28 gigawatt hours of electricity annually. Out of which, 6.95 gigawatt hours (GWh) will be produced in dry season and 39.32 gigawatt hours in rainy season.

The cost of the project upon completion has reached Rs. 1.41 billion. Nepal Bank and Agriculture Development Bank, under the leadership of NMB Bank, have invested 70 percent in the project. The remaining 30 percent is equity investment.

More From Investopaper:

List Of Hydro-power Projects Under Construction in Nepal

List Of Hydropower Projects In Nepal (Developed By Private Sector)


Investopaper is a financial website which provides news, articles, data, and reports related to business, finance and economics.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

error: Content is protected !!