Upper Khudi Hydropower Project (21.21 MW) To Receive Rs 2.93 Billion Financing From Banks

February 25, 2021 | Investopaper

Upper Khudi Hydropower Project, under construction in Marsyangdi village of Lamjung district will receive financing from banks. Bank Of Kathmandu along with the member banks Global IME Bank, Civil Bank, Mega Bank and Nepal Credit and Commerce Bank will provide the co-financing loan for the construction of the project.

For this, Bank Of Kathmandu has signed a co-financing  loan agreement with the promoter company Super Khudi Hydropower Pvt. Ltd. BFIs will provide 70 percent (Rs 2.93 billion) of the total cost for the construction of the project. Likewise, the remaining 30 percent of the cost will be financed through equity investment. The total estimated cost of the Upper Khudi Hydropower Project is Rs. 4.19 billion.

Upper Khudi Hydropower Project is a run of the river project with an installed capacity of 21.21 MW. The electricity generated from the project will be connected to Tadikuna substation. The company will also build the required 5 km long 132 kV transmission line up to the substation.

Suggested Readings:

List Of Hydropower Projects In Nepal (Developed By Private Sector)

List Of Hydro-power Projects With Construction License


Investopaper is a financial website which provides news, articles, data, and reports related to business, finance and economics.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

error: Content is protected !!