Warren Buffett is the legend in the investment community. He is revered not only for his investment acumen but also for his ethics and morality that he applies in his business operation. Any individual entering into the profession of investing will know who Warren Buffet is. He reigns at top in the investment pyramid with almost 70 years experience in the field of investment.
At 89 years of age, he is still active and is managing his Berkshire Hathaway, fourth largest company in US in terms of revenue. Berkshire Hathaway is the company with highest share price in the history of stock market. The share of BRK (class-A) once traded at $344,970 (January 17, 2020).
Warren Buffet is among very few investment professional from which an individual can learn so much. This is because his philosophies on investment also make sense to the small and individual investors as well. Learning from Warren Buffet can make a great foundation for the investors, especially the temperament towards the stock market.
Here, we have compiled the 15 best investment quotes from Warren Buffet. We hope this may be helpful for you in your investing endeavor.
15 Best Warren Buffett Quotes On Investing
1. “Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.”
2. “Rule No. 1: Never lose money. Rule No. 2: Never forget rule No.1”
3. “You only have to do a very few things right in your life so long as you don’t do too many things wrong.”
4. “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.”
5. “If a business does well, the stock eventually follows.”
6. “Wide diversification is only required when investors do not understand what they are doing.”
7. “Time is the friend of the wonderful company, the enemy of the mediocre.”
8. “Only buy something that you’d be perfectly happy to hold if the market shut down for 10 years.”
9. “Look at market fluctuations as your friend rather than your enemy; profit from folly rather than participate in it.”
10. “Be fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful.”
11. “If past history was all that is needed to play the game of money, the richest people would be librarians.”
12. “It’s far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price, than a fair company at a wonderful price.”
13. “It’s only when the tide goes out that you learn who has been swimming naked.”
14. “Our favorite holding period is forever.”
15. “Never invest in a business you cannot understand.”