February 19, 2019 | Investopaper
Nepal Rastra Bank has published the Mid-Term Review of Monetary Policy 2075/76. As per the review stated by NRB, the economic condition of the country is satisfactory. Some of the economic indicators are explained below:
- Average inflation of 6 months is 4.2% which is less than the targeted inflation of 6.5%.
- Remittance income increased to Rs. 443.36 Arab, a rise by 30.2%. In the corresponding time of last year, remittance income had declined by 0.5%.
- The trade deficit increased by 32.10%.
- Broad Money growth rate stands at 19.10% which is higher than the targeted rate of 18%
- Nepalese Rupees depreciated by 2.8% relative to American Dollar in a period of 6 months
- The 91-day Treasury bills rate stood at 0.86%, which was 5.82 in the Poush end of 2074. The inter bank rate stands at 2.84, a decline from 4.40% corresponding period last year.
- The weighted average interest rate on commercial banks deposits and loans stands at 6.72% and 12.29% respectively.
- Infrastructure Bank Ltd. has been approved for operation during this period.
- The total branches of BFIs stand at 7,591 which were 6,651 till Ashar, 2075.
To see the full mid term-review of the monetary policy 2075/76, click the link below