Construction Work Of 86 MW Solu Khola (Dudhkoshi) Hydroelectric Project Completed

November 2, 2022 | Investopaper

The construction work of 86 MW Solu Khola (Dudhkoshi) Hydroelectric Project has been completed. Sahas Urja Limited, the developer of the project, expects to begin the commercial electricity production from the project within a month.

The project will begin generating electricity after the successful completion of internal testing and tests by Nepal Electricity Authority.

The construction of the civil structure of the project was done by CE Construction.

The project is a Run Of River (RoR) type of project located at Solududhkunda Municipality & Thulung Dudh Koshi Rural Municipality of Solukhumbu District

The gross head of the project is 613.20 meters and the net head is 598.09 meters.

The project will produce 520.20 gigawatt hours of electricity annually- 100.27 gigawatt hours in dry season and 419.93 gigawatt hours in wet season.

The electricity generated by the project will be connected to the national grid through Nepal Electricity Authority’s Lammane substation via a 12 km 132 kV transmission line.

The cost of the project, which was initially estimated to cost 11.86 billion rupees, has reached about 14 billion rupees. 11 Banks and Financial Institutions, under the leadership of Nepal Investment Bank, have provided loan financing equal to the 75 percent of the cost of the project. The rest 25 percent has been injected through equity.


Recommended:

List Of Hydro-power Projects Under Construction In Nepal

List Of Hydropower Projects In Nepal (Developed By Private Sector)

Investopaper

Investopaper is a financial website which provides news, articles, data, and reports related to business, finance and economics.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

error: Content is protected !!