Dividend History of Nepal Investment Mega Bank Limited (NIMB)

February 2, 2024 | Investopaper

Nepal Investment Bank Limited (NIBL) is one of the pioneer banks in the Nepalese Banking Industry. It was established in 1986 AD. Previously known as Nepal Indosuez Bank Ltd., it was a joint venture between Nepalese and French partners. Credit Agricole Indosuez, a subsidiary of one of the largest banking groups in the world, held a 50 percent share of NIBL. In 2002, a group of Nepalese companies purchased this 50 percent shareholding of Credit Agricole Indosuez. After that, Nepal Indosuez Bank Limited transformed into Nepal Investment Bank Limited.

At current, the promoters hold 69 percent ownership in NIBL while the general public possesses the remaining 31 percent.  Nepal Investment Bank has provided decent returns to the shareholders. The dividend ranged from 11 percent to 50 percent since 2063/65.


You May Also Like:

Financial Analysis of Commercial Banks of Nepal [With Ranking]

15 Best Blue Chip Shares To Buy In Nepal


The table below shows the dividend history of Nepal Investment Bank Limited since fiscal 2063/64.

Dividend History Of Nepal Investment Bank Limited (NIBL)

Fiscal Year Cash Dividend (%) Bonus Share (%) Total Dividend  (%)
2063/64 5 25 30
2064/65 7.5 33.33 40.83
2065/66 20 0 20
2066/67 25 0 25
2067/68 25 25 50
2068/69 5 25 30
2069/70 25 10 35
2070/71 25 15 40
2071/72 1.74 33 34.74
2072/73 21 20 41
2073/74 25 15 40
2074/75 22 18 40
2075/76 8.5 10.5 19
2076/77 5.5 13 18.5
2077/78 3.389 12.611 16
2078/79 7 4 11
2079/80 0 0 0

Note: The dividend from fiscal year 2078/79 and before that is of Nepal Investment Bank Limited (before the merger with Mega Bank Nepal Limited)

Suggested Readings:

Dividend History Of Nabil Bank Limited (NABIL)

Dividend History Of Himalayan Bank Limited (HBL)

Investopaper

Investopaper is a financial website which provides news, articles, data, and reports related to business, finance and economics.

2 thoughts on “Dividend History of Nepal Investment Mega Bank Limited (NIMB)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

error: Content is protected !!