Construction Of Kalanga Hydropower In Final Stage

October 3, 2020 | Investopaper

Kalanga Hydropower, located at Bughal, Bajhang, will be completed in four months. The work of hydropower is almost 92 percent complete. The construction of hydropower was started on Chaitra 8, 2073 with the aim of completing the work within three years. The installed capacity of Kalanga Hydropower is 15.33 MW.

The total investment of Kalanga Hydropower is Rs. 2.80 Arba. Of the total cost, Banks including Machhapuchchhre Bank, NMB Bank and Civil Bank will invest 75 per cent as loan. Similarly, the remaining 25 percent will be invested as equity by the promoters/public.

The project has supported in construction of 65 km of roads in Bugal municipality and 15 drinking water and 35 school fields and buildings. After the completion of the hydropower project, 15 percent share will be distributed to the locals. Kalanga Hydropower, the largest in the far-western region, is generating 65 MW of electricity including Bugal’s Sani Gadh, Upper kalanga and Bugal Hydro.


Investopaper is a financial website which provides news, articles, data, and reports related to business, finance and economics.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

error: Content is protected !!