Laxmi Bank To Invest In Midim-1 Hydropower Project (13.424 MW)

July 15, 2021 | Investopaper

Laxmi Bank is going to invest in the 13.42 MW Midim Khola-1 Hydropower Project under construction in the Lamjung district. The bank has agreed to invest in the project being constructed by Mount Rasuwa Hydropower Pvt. Ltd.

The bank will invest 70 percent of the project cost as a loan while the remaining 30 percent will be injected as equity.

Department of Electricity Development (DOED) provided the construction license for the project to the company on Karthik 3, 2077 BS. The construction license is valid until Karthik 2, 2112 BS.

Ministry of Energy (MoE) had issued the survey license for the feasibility study and the environmental study of the proposed project with the installed capacity of 16 MW on 2074/02/10 BS. The installed capacity of the project was amended to 13.4244 MW from 16 MW on BS 2076/05/20. The survey license was renewed on BS 2076/02//27 with validity up to BS 2077/02/09.

Mount Rasuwa Hydropower is developing the run of the river project at Midim Khola located at Bhujung, Bhoje, Maling, Uttarkanya (Lamjung).

The estimated cost of construction is Rs 2.93 Arba. The company forecasts to complete the construction within 2 years.  The power plant will generate annual average energy of 83.169GWh. The power generated from the proposed project will be evacuated through 132 kV single circuit 12 Km transmission line in NEA substation at Khudi Substation, Lamjung.

Suggested Readings:

List Of Hydro-power Projects With Construction License

List Of Hydropower Projects In Nepal (Developed By Private Sector)


Investopaper is a financial website which provides news, articles, data, and reports related to business, finance and economics.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

error: Content is protected !!